Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Why I like: Beginnings

The best thing about a beginning is that it means something else is over. I idealize beginnings, especially when I'm at the end of something else. The coming beginning is going to be so much better than whatever I'm doing - so much better.

I could find a friend I'll keep for the rest of my life. I could find a business partner. I could find the person that makes my life make sense. I could (and should!) find new adventures. I could find a wife at the new beginning. I could find all of them - they could be one person. The possibilities are endless and exciting.

It is with this incredible sense of expectation of and hope that I start the summer. I am ready to grab the world and shake life out of it. The world is a moving target, but I am always in motion. I am ready for life. With no specific expectations other than a grand adventure following Christ, I go.

I love beginnings. I do.

No comments: