Saturday, May 17, 2008

Why I like: Steve Forbes

When I am done reading books, I have to fill out tax forms. While I'm filling out tax forms, all I can think of is "Steve Forbes! Where are you?"

In my imagination, he would swoop down in a bright red spandex suit with a big, black "17%" slapped on his chest. He'd yell, "I want to get rid of this tax code that oppresses people!!" Then he'd whip out his Tax Sword (with which he makes tax cuts) and slice the forms I'm filling out in half. Then he would pat me on the head goodnaturedly, sheath his sword, and fly off into the sky, bound to save another helpless citizen from tax paperwork.

"That's my president," I would sigh dreamily.

Regardless of how you feel about a flat tax, the thing seems pretty enticing when I'm filling out (and, even more impossible, trying to understand) myriads of paperwork.

No comments: