Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Why I like: Putting Down the Shovel

I'm a very open person. I don't hide my emotions or opinions very often, and as a result, I get to the bottom of situations very quickly.

This is a blessing and a curse, because sometimes the metaphorical 'bottom' is resolution, and sometimes the metaphorical 'bottom' is a hole that I can't dig myself out of.

I hate it when an innocent conversation starts going down an incredibly awkward path. I almost always try to dig myself out, and more often than not it just gets worse and worse. Feelings get hurt, opinions of me get changed, people get offended, maybe even blows get exchanged. Mostly the first three, but you know how I roll. The fourth is always an option. Me and my 5"7' self.

But for serious, if I don't pay attention I have the ability to sound really callous and shallow for saying things I honestly believe. It's a problem. I'm just too comfortable with my opinions - I can dash them off and not even think about how the people I'm conversing with will act.

I also make light of situations in what some feel is an inappropriate manner. Again, I'm too comfortable with the subject material.

All this to say: not everything I know should be said to other people. Not everything I say should be known to other people. Oy vey.

Bumper Sticker You'll Never See: I put the kwar in awkward.

1 comment:

Kasey said...

Sorry, son, it's the Jersey boy in you.